[J-Movies] And Then There Was Light
- Movie: And Then There Was Light (English title) / Light (literal title)
- Romaji: Hikari
- Japanese: 光
- Director: Tatsushi Omori
- Writer: Shion Miura (novel)
- Cinematographer: Kenji Maki
- Release Date: November 25, 2017
- Runtime: 137 min.
- Genre: Drama / Suspense
- Distributor: Phantom Film
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
When Nobuyuki (Arata Iura) was a middle school student, he lived on the remote island Mihama. One evening, he committed a crime to protect his classmate/girlfriend Mika (later played by Kyoko Hasegawa). The next day, a fierce tsunami struck the island. Nobuyuki, Mika and their friend Tasuku (later played by Eita), along with several adults, survived.
25 years later, Tasuku appears in front of Nobuyuki, who is now married to Namiko (Manami Hashimoto) and has one child.
- Based on the novel "Hikari" by Shion Miura (published November, 2008 by Shueisha).
- Director Tatsushi Omori previously directed movies "Tada's Do-It-All House" and "Tada's Do-It-All House: Disconcerto" which are also based on novels by Shion Miura and stars Eita.
- Filming began August 20, 2016 and finished September 27, 2016.
|Arata Iura||Eita||Kyoko Hasegawa||Manami Hashimoto||Kaho Minami|
|Nobuyuki Kurokawa||Tasuku Kurokawa||Miyuki Shinoura / Mika Nakai||Namiko Kurokawa||Ono|
|Mitsuru Hirata||Masayo Umezawa||Nayuta Fukuzaki||Guama||Atsuya Okada|
|Yoichi||Yamauchi||Nobuyuki Kurokawa (14-years-old)||Mika Nakai (14-years-old)||Tasuku Kurokawa (child)|
Additional Cast Members: